Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This Won't Hurt A Bit

So I think I finally figured out my back issue. It has to do mostly with the way I sleep and how that aggravates my old injury. So now I have to learn how to sleep on my back--and if you have ever had to retrain yourself on how to sleep then you know this...

It is tiring.

My body is so used to relaxing into sleep with me on my stomach--something that I had done since I was younger as part of a way to help my asthma. It is such a calming way for me to drift off that it has been extremely hard to adjust to... Even as I wake up every morning with a better and better back.

And now I debate doing a week of sleeping pills to for me to drift off in the proper position and get used to the idea of that kind of sleeping. Which seems unhealthy as all get out but would get me back in the swing of things.

Of course this is not meant to sound ungrateful. The ability to walk normally and work out and dance and all adult things with pain is pretty much the bees knees... Or the bees back?

I guess that is a bad analogy.

No comments: