Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Artist's Way

The Artists Way

It started with a small conversation--I had been doing some wedding planning work over the break and Johnno noticed that I had spent some time sketching out possible looks for the wedding center pieces. I had made the drawing to just try and plan out what we would need more of down the road--it was quick and sloppy but just there.

Johnno told me his wished I drew more often cause he liked what I did. It was an innocent comment but made me start thinking about how I have not been creative in a simple way like that in a long time and that maybe I needed to get back to it. When I was younger I always thought I would be an artist of some sort and would sketch away while living somewhere exotic like NYC or Paris--but I never felt I had the touch I needed to make something more of it. And then I discovered writing.

All bets were off

But nowadays I feel like the more I try and focus too much on certain things the better it would be for me to diversify my interests. It's not about being great at everything I do or making it perfection but about allowing myself to spread out and try new things to add to my own process. That and I still think I would make a great artist for the front of Vogue patterns




(THE ABOVE ARE NOT MINE BUT ARE THE TYPE OF THINGS I WOULD PROBABLY DRAW)

No comments: