Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Unsung Favorite

Unsung Favorite

So I am kind of obsessed with Solange. I know that everyone has a certain fondess for her sister Beyonce but I think that as an actual artist Solange is so much better when it comes to her songs, her sound and her willingness to explore different styles. I honestly believe that "Sol-Angle and the Haldey St. Dreams" is probably one of the best albums of the past decade and in the same league as Lauryn Hill.

But I digress.

Truth is I have been revisiting her music and have become re-obsessed with one of her songs. With all the stress currently from my job I have turned to music more and more to shake off the day and this is usually part of the same playlist as Curtis Mayfield, Robyn, Janelle Monet, Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu ect... It just makes me happy



Enjoy

No comments: