Sunday, November 27, 2005

There Are No Words

My best friend--someone I consider my sister--just lost her mother early Thanksgiving morning to a cancer related heart condition. It's impossible to be even begin to understand or put into any frame of reference and this makes me feel useless and a very cold comfort for Jen and her siblings.

I couldn't help thinking of not only Jen but her mother during the course of my holiday. As I laughed and ate and sang and did all the normal holiday things--how much she loved all the trappings of the season. Of how kind and gracious and genuine and sweet Barb was--how much she was the mother that we would all want. About how all the times I spoke with her or saw her and how included and important she made me feel.

That each of her children are so like her in many ways. Open and free spirited, always with a smile and a joke and a sense of adventure and curiosity about everyone and everything. She was someone special and will be dearly missed.

I'm glad that she passed peacefully and that her pain was finally over. Barb Eddy will most definitely be missed.

Anything else I could say seems so secondary.

No comments: