Thursday, November 17, 2005

Old Friends—New Responsibilities

So last night Edie and I went out for dinner over in Pasadena. Being roommates sometimes means having to go on location to really catch up and since I hadn't seen her since the announcement about her mother--we had a lot to talk about.

It's weird--in some ways my life has been very over the top with divorces, dysfunction and the drama but I have never really had that much of an experience with death. Outside of my younger brother who died young and when I was young--for the most part I have little dealings with that subject.

And now with everything going on with Edie's mom I just find it hard to know what to say because there is so much I want to say and do and I just don't want to make her think too much about it or make her think I care too little about it.

That being said--I am brushing up on my dumb blond act so that I can be silly and foolish and a distraction as long as she needs. It seems to be working out well now and as long as stupid things keep happening then I'll have plenty of materials to use. It's seems important to make her laugh as much as she can.

The other stuff will be much harder. But she is like family for me so I will try to be there as much as she’ll let me. Hopefully that can be enough.

1 comment:

jen said...

omg.

ummm.

omg!!