Monday, November 07, 2005

It's Sometimes Like A Tolstoy Moment



So this weekend was great. I had a lot of fun and managed to work in a lot of contentment, happiness and comfort. It was nice and weird and different and I enjoyed every second of it.

When I these sweet, joyful, unencumbered times though-I have a hard time being able to write about then. It's like the opening passage of 'Anna Karenina'--all happy moments are like one another; each unhappy moment is unhappy in it's own way. It becomes hard to make happiness interesting.

I could talk about how Edie, Dominic, Lizzie, Vedder, Valeska and I went out dancing hardcore Hollywood Nights style. About how we had too many drinks in a club that would look exactly like my bedroom except I have better lighting and less attitude. I could talk about how we took tons of ridicious pictures of each other, each other's cleavage and each other's side. About how excited we were when Willis finally arrived and just in time to do shots with some of us.

I could talk about how Lizzie almost got us thrown out of Jumbo's Clown Room for trying (and at one point) touching strippers and hollering about how hot the stripper was. I could talk about the sexy guy who was totally freaked out by Edie's Apache yell as she cheered out the dancing girls. Or how cool I felt as I rocked out in my little gay pimp necklace and just laughing as the wrong people made out and ugly girls got paid way too much.

I could talk about how Lizzie dropped it like it was hot at the after-hours club that Willis got us into, about how Dominic was grinding on the ladies and how Valeska and Vedder continued their dance of 'will they or won't they?'. (No worries-no emergency brunch.) About people peeing in the parking lot or the quote of the night.

"I'm DRUNK!"
"I'm GAY--both are pretty obvious."

But I won't go into detail--it is just enough that for that night I was happy and they were happy and we all had fun together. Of course the next day was rough for some people but at least no one made Baby Jesus cry.

(You know who you are.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baby Jesus is crying now... but for other reasons.

now pass the cranberry juice!!