Monday, November 14, 2005

Are Hobbits Bestiality?



So I went on a date with Sam yesterday. I just decided that I had to do it for a million reasons--because I had him on the back burner for too long, because he seemed cool, because I was bored and needed to take a chance. So I called him up and told him that we would be going out for coffee. He wanted me to take control and I did.

I always forget that I hate the first date--there is always this odd moment of nerves and silences and eagerness that you can't really hide. We had coffee at my favorite cafe and just talked and talked and walked and walked--we had a good flow but wasn't sure if it was a friend one or a romantic one.

After 3 hours--I know, way too long--we ended up walking back to his car. I was cold and had to go to the bathroom and was meeting up with people to plan Dominic's party and so I needed to end the date. It had reached a good stopping point.

So I tried to gently close the date off with the 'I'm cold' and off came his jacket and on me. So then I tried to explain about needing to meet up with my friends, which he totally understood and asked if he could call later which I said he could. And then I handed him back his jacket at his car and we just stood there.

I think the 10th circle of hell would be just a series of first date but only the last moment--when you have to figure out if you hug or shake hands or kiss. Instead we just both stared for several beats--several beats to long. Finally I had to break the moment and take a step back. Then Sam stepped forward and said 'what the fuck.'

And we kissed. It was quite amazing and good and surprising and romantic. And we just stared at each other and I was like--'cool'. And then I turned to leave as he got in the car. I took a step and then I heard 'oh shit' and he spun me around and we kissed in the middle of the sidewalk. People had to part around us and we broke away and stared at each other and Sam was all 'I'm not like this' and I was like 'I don't mind.'

And then I walked away and I was all dewy and glowy and then I hear 'okay--I'm not crazy but one more time'. And as I turned around he had run up a full block to catch up with me--kissed me like fully on middle of the street with a little dip in it and then he righted said- ‘okay, and me up going home now'.

And as I caught my breath and started to make my feet finally move, one of my neighbors just stared at me and then laughed. Told me I should enjoy it because it is not always like that.

Don't I know it--but how cool is it that could be that?

I like him."

1 comment:

jen said...

YAYY!!!!