Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm Joycing Today

This is my favorite bad album cover of all time.



As you can obviously read--this is Joyce. Now some might mock this poor woman with the hair, those glasses, that outfit all combined to make something sad. But I don't see my Joyce (yes my Joyce) that way.

See, when I look at this cover all I can see is endless optimism in the face of near failure. This woman had to know that she wouldn't be a star, that this was not the look to shoot for and that it wouldn't pull in an audience yet she still did it. It is hopefully when the magic 8 ball (probably cropped out of the shot) should have pointed to no.

I like that idea. To smile bravely, throw on a colorful dress and just smile through the misery of it all. That we can all just take a tip from Miss Joyce here and just smile and get trhough it. It can't ever be this bad--that's the thought. And that's joycing.

No comments: