Tuesday, August 17, 2004

SUcky suck birthday up coming.


Okay--so my birthday is going to suck, at least at this point of time. And this, combinded with the HUGE HUG HUGE possibilty of my next birthday really sukcing then, well, I am not thrilled.

And this isn't really anyone's fault. I mean, what rea the chances that one of my best friends would be out of town, another 2 close friends are either working or at feastavials, that one is MIA and another is up the coast and not likely to party anytime soon... Just chance just getting in the way I guess.

Add to this, the fact that I am in crisis mode with one of my best friends whihc is totally mne fault and just the luck of the draw in timing and it all adds up to a bad luck or bad fate or whatever you choose to believe. It is just quite simply--my birthday will suck.

The thing that is the most upsetting about all of this is that--well, one of my friends who I sent out my "Drinks because i can't do anything else because of my sucky work schedule" emails has also decided that this is the poerfect night for dinner with one of newly moved to LA friends. I don't mean she forgot me, I mean she decided to combind the two events of "welscome to LA and Rory birthday" to one invite as oppossed to what i ant which was a night of drinking with my closest of close friend. And now, if i choose to she her then i have to deal with Skylar and Irene on my birthday and you know what? I don't want to.

And maybe that is selfish but I am trying, through all of the drama and the cleansing that i am going through, I am trying to find a way to own what i want. To be healthy for me as oppossed to good for the rest of the world. And I have yet to figure out how to get any of this across in a good way yet so until then i have to deal with the world at large.

That and have a sucky suck birthday.

2 comments:

jen said...

You should come up here.


Seriously. :)

zippy said...

I decided not to go to the thing I was supposed to go to. So I am free to have a little food or a lot, drink a little O'Douls and party the night away.

A bithday is a birthday, even if you are 22.!!!

But this is the year of the strange birthdays. So many people have had to move their birthdays to another day because other people are celebrating their birthdays. Maybe this is a new LA fad, like the no smoking in bars, or the flakeness or the hybrid on every corner, or driving with your knee.

I think birthdays are facinating. Did Jesus have a great 32 but a terrible 33? Did Joan of Arc blow out candles on her bithday and then get a preminition? Did Marie Antoinette have cake on her birthday? I just read that she was not who they said she was....oh the internet...

'The stories of Antoinette's excesses are vastly overstated. In fact, rather than ignoring France's growing financial crisis, she reduced the royal household staff, eliminating many unnecessary positions that were based solely on privilege. In the process she offended the nobles, adding their condemnation to the scandalous stories spread by royal hopefuls. It was the nobility that balked at the financial reforms the government ministers tried to make, not the King and Queen, who were in favor of change. '