Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving came and went with the usual fanfare and even more usual suspects--except Kelly, first time to the misfit meal. As always there was great food, fun times and a lot of televised sporting events... Things of note that happened included Kelly and Bess getting drunk, mildly in Kelly's case and not so mild in Bess. However, I couldn not drink because of the meds but had a grand time with Bess and dancing wildly in the yard to the neighbors party--the boys house was very low key this year and little music... That being said, it was fun and wild to enjoy someone else's drunken spree.... Though I don't think Mick (her fiance) was quite as pleased at the end of the evening....

Another fun development was that Jonesy was out of town on a "special road trip". I didn't think much of this and figured it was either a girl or some strange geeky comic/film thing that wouldn't really impress me. Well, when Kelly, Lizzy, and I were having a little nap time Skylar came in and made some mention of the trip. Kelly was curious and Skylar allowed us to guess about what it was and gave yes/no answers.... After awhile, and bewtten the three of us, we figured out what it was and Skylar gave us a stern lecture about not spilling the beans. In particluar, he attacked me and said to keep my mouth shut about it. Lizzy and Kelly both laughed and argeed that I was the gossip. They all seemed to miss the fact that Skylar himself had spilt the beans and that he would be the one to blame if any of us spilt the secert. That, and I didn't think that Jonesy's thing would be coming up in my life anytime soon. We're not close and he's not on the front page of people I even would bother to talk about.

And what would Thanksgiving be without me fucking up? I was taking with the smokers outside and somehow the topic of Mac (the new roommate) came up. Kelly asked what she was doing and I said that she and Billie (the x-roomie) were at the apartment, making cakes and pigging out to bad movies. Well, Willis (Billie's ex) was there and he got pissed that Billie was even brought up... Needless to say, he left early and I felt like crap.... So per the norm, I managed to ruin someone's thanksgiving...

Every year I make the joke about not going home cause the holidays are to dysfunctional.... Well they are here too... I guess this group of friends is like a misfit family--filled with love and spite and jealously and kindess.... There's always the unexpected hand to help and the well meaning momenet gone awary. So if people do ask if I'm spending the holidays with my family the answere is yes, my hand-picked one. The one with faults and dreams and a million wonderful things....

No comments: