Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Just when life seems doomed to keep me down--along comes a surpirise that makes me stop and think.... Maybe I should believe in things more... So, during my recent bout of sickness I also had a panic attack. Mostly cuased by my lovely Mother... I know she meant well but when one's child can barely stop for more than a half an hour--one might think that this is not the time to call them with job postings.... As it is, I have been paniced of awhile now about my jobless situtation as have been a small core of my friends as such and part of the reason I did wait on the doctor thing was the realization that I had no insurence, no job and that the medical bills were the last thing I needed added to my plate.... But sometimes the body shuts down and one is left with no recourse...

Trying to be some type of productive after the nphone ncall with Mom, I dcided to check my pain thershold by walking to my mail box and getting some bills, junk mail and hopefully a good magazine to read while bed prone. Imagine to my surprise when I open a letter that has a check for me in it..... One from a website that I had been trying to use to get some free lance work... I had posting a couple of differnt pieces that I had, hopefully so that some editor would get a sense of my style and want to order me to whip something up.

Well, turns out that the Gay/Lesbian/Everyone else newspaper 365gay.com had bought and published one of my piece a couple of weeks ago. This was the first time I had been paid for something I wrote.... (those it was really only enough for a subway sub, a pack of smokes and a diet coke....) And it was just the boast I needed to reconfirm what I had all ready been thinking... Which was that I am a good writing and talenetd or at least lucky... Look out world, here comes Rory "Bradshaw" Lapointe. Just goes to prove that I should trsut in things a little more.....

No comments: