Friday, November 07, 2003

It is strange when you realize that the world sometimes is in your place and makes you wonder if that is the big Cosmic sign... I have been reading my friend Chloe's blog and for some strange reason...she and I are in synch without having even really talked in the last couple months... Our friendship on some level has always worked this way--being in the same space at the same time with little to no communication. Makes you wonder about soul mates or bodhisattvas... A hindu idea of a soul spilt in two and destined to reconnect...

And my friendship with Chloe has always been like this, same thoughts, same dreams, so hope and always finding something the same in each other. I still remeber exactly the first time we met... It was at a pool party at Naomi's first apartment, a welcome to La bash for newbie Emerson kids taking their first steps into the land of sun and internships. She found me by the water's edge, smoking a cigarette and drinking some scary, girlie, mixed drink.

"Lucy said I should look you up when I get to La...." The first thing she said to me. So brazen and ballsy. Like she new we were gonna be friends and that she was just jumping over the introduction hurdle... And we did just that.... In the course of an afternoon we talked nd laughed and smoked and drank and whether or not we were friends then, I knew she would be important... And she was, is, and most likely will continue to be. Even if there is space bewteen us at times....

And now she's planning to run away, up the coast, near Lucy and City Lights and the Power Arcade and millions things that I want too and I can't help but believe.... Is this that sign I have been waiting for? Maybe it is...but only Chloe would know that for sure I guess.. And now is just prep time for everything I have every wanted..... And it is good to be prepared.....?

No comments: