Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thanks Dusty Springfield

I spent a huge amount of energy this past few weeks trying to figure out my place in my social world. I found myself over thinking, over guessing and most importantly-over caring about every little thing. The truth is-and I should know this by now-is that anyone who have to chase to get attention, anyone who can disregard your feelings so quickly, or forget that your feelings could exist in the first place are NOT people to give your time too.

That the people who reach out to you-with emails or texts, with plans and dinners, with smiles and phone calls are the ones who you should be paying attention too. That real friendshisp don't need one person to constantly being chasing after the other one, to constant swallow their own feelings or ambitions to make it easier but instead should be the exact opposite. Friendship is hard but it shouldn't feel like work. And if it does then I am quitting it.

I'm no longer in the business of chasing after windmills in my mind.

No comments: