Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Look At What I Did

Sometimes it is just the small things. I'm starting a new low carb regime (Thanks Joy!) and it is all about legumes, protein and veggies which aren't very microwave friendly. Bceause of this I have had to learn how to cook lentil beans, ground beef and properly steam spinach.



I managed to cook this entire meal myself from scratch. you can't tell but the beef is mixed with low fat cheese as well as onions and garlic that I managed to satuee! The beans are a work in progress but I did make them flavorable with some nice stock in the water and it is yummy. And now I have enough for the next few days so cooking only has to happen every so often. It's best for all of us.

Yay me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

low carb makes me sad but cooking makes me happy! Look at you go!

As you're off the carbs, I won't talk about the baking I will be doing full of carbs.

Dude. Bagels. From Scratch.

But you're a skinny bizzatch and I'm a bagel shaped whore! :)