Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rory Hobby or Lists Lapointe

I have been trying to get myself back in schedule. Being unemployed can leave you at loose ends and being in full flush about a boy can leave you without any thoughts at all. (Besides him of course) But Edie and I ahve always had this theory that schedules really help keep a person going when they have nothing adult like a job.

It's not just about killing time but a lack of time gives you too much time to sit about and think about not having a job. That's the part that gets most in my head because after a certain point I just start feeling like a loser instead of enjoying the free time. So I have found it easier to keep moving as to not get bogged down a negative cycle when I know I am trying my best. Add to this that whenever I first get involved in a relationship I am in such a bliss spot that I kind of forget that I have things to do; keeping up with friends and family, working on my writing, not eating everything insight and possibly working out.

Which leads me to this past weekend with all it's drinking and smoking and social whirl I realized I needed to get things back in a perfect order. I have been so good about cutting back the smoking and might actually be close to being done, I have the ab lines started that I have always wanted but they're starting to fade, and I was just eating so much better. So I realized I needed to work on a better schedule of working out quite a bit more, making long needed phone calls to my nearest, more time with my patch when in social situtations and taking time to read more (less facebook and the nets) which, in turn, makes me inspired to write more.

I am also debating getting some new hobbies. I have always felt what mnakes people feel old is being bored and in a routine and that is the one thing I detest most in the world. So in this vein, I am making a list of things I would like to get started with during my free time so I can be well into it by my next job. Maybe learn how to cook meat properly, try and retake up painting for a bit, buy a kite kit to build and use in the park and even looking into doing some roller skating lessons. But the list is in flux and hopefully will be settled before my next job.

But my biggest goal is to be better here--with words and clips and pictures because I find when I let myself think I am boring I don't blog. But when i force myself to blog when bored I always find something new about myself. Which is a good hobby to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a lesson I learned when I started podcasting. When you force yourself to have something interesting to say, it turns out you're not as boring as you thought :)