Sunday, March 01, 2009

Focus Change, Twist the Kaleidoscope

I am very content today. It's weird--not because I don't like it--but mostly because I so often just touch the tip of this feeling. It's not just about the boy (though that helps) but all the little things that seem lined up today, in this one second of my life. It's about having Edie here for so long that it reminds me of why she is one of my best friends, it's about being on the cusp of several very good job leads and knowing that by trusting in my talents (as opposed to running around like a headless chicken) that waiting for the right job is paying off, it's about having great friends who make me smile even when they're driving me nuts.

I didn't even realize how good I felt until I made my way down the street for a soda and I just couldn't help smiling and walking with a slight bounce in my step. Life isn't perfect--I smoked this weekend, I ate a bit too much, I should have remembered to bring Raquel's birthday card and bought her a cocktail--but it is enough for me. I like this feeling and will try to remember it when I have my doubts and questions. Now that I know it is possible, i need to focus more on that goal.

No comments: