Friday, March 27, 2009

Fashion Board for the Fashion Bored

So I have been unemployed for awhile now. And as much fun as it is to watch 'Young and the Restless' in live time, work out for an hour twice a day and catch up on the names of the Jonas Brothers'--it has left me next to no cash for my wardrobe.

See, I like clothes. I like to wear them, to mix and match them and (if you ever se my closet) separate them by color, sleeve length, fabric and other OCD crap. But without means to splurge at UO, Heritage or any of my other stores I have revisited one of my past fashion tools.

I spent today pulling out my favorite stylized photos from our many magazines from Genre to Out to GQ and Details while debating if I had the means to pull off the same looks by wearing my own clothes differently. Whether it is about using different textures, colors, or pieces together unexpectedly, I can find a ton of inspiration from layouts, ads, and celeb profiles which then end up being put on display



So now on the back of my door I have a smorgasbord of ideas for any of those nights when I feel like I have nothing to wear. This board has a lot about how to fold up cuffs, unexpected layering with collared shirts, sweaters and sweat shirts as well as a lot of accessories like gloves, vests and shoes being used unexpectedly. It makes me feel like I have a lot more of surprises up my fashion runway.

Yeah--this post is gay and also about being cheap. What were you expecting?

No comments: