Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Okay... So just when I thought it was safe to socialize.... The return of Nick... I went to Kelly and Lizzie's for cookies, Christmas trees and lattaks... Imagine to my surprise when Nick showed up--he never comes to our parties--but then hey, he was getting a present and stuff.... SO the whole time I tried to avoid him because I wasn''t feeling up to trying to talk and getting shot down....

He briefly joined Davis and me on the porch as we smoked and it was quite awkward, mostly cause I had gone outside to avoid this. So, momments of silence then a brief talk about Ginn and then off he went inside.

The rest of the evening was fun and then he left to go to work/bed. As he was leaving he had no chocie but to talk to me.... After all he asid good-bye to everyone in the room and it would have been bad form to leave me out. So, as he says bye/happy holidays, I look at him and smile and say "I'll see you on Saturday at the dinner, right?" He was startled, I was nice and now I have to figure out whether or not we are talking or if I'll have to avoid him at the dinner. Small groups make this hard but I have hope....LOL

No comments: