Monday, December 22, 2003

Every twist of the kaleidoscope...

So Saturday was the misfit christams dinner at the boys house.... Just the few of us that were still around or staying in LA during the holiday... Me, Lizzie, Kelly, Jonesy, Benji, Penn, Nick, Priscilla, Ronn and Cissy and a few other people....

It started off in a weird way--I called Lizzy and Kelly early in the afternoon, just having got out of the shower but waiting a time table for the day.. To my surprise, Lizzie today me that Kelly was going to the house early... So I ran and got dressed without even thinking about the chances of who would be there...

So we showed up at the house and it is just Nick and Priscilla, having breakfast... This was weird because of not only my tension with Nick but because of Priscilla.... She was one of Edie and mine's roommates and was just an odd living situtation... I didn't know her well but was always able to have a nice fun conversation with her and Edie was good friends with her... And then she moved in with us and was quite and kind of rude and never really said a word to either of us. It was akward because we both really liked her but she was so strange to live with.... Then when Benji and Lizzie broke up, Priscilla started dating Benji very shortly afterward which startled all of us.... The entire "don't date your friends exes" thing

Imagine me and Kelly just hanging with these two.. But it gets better... Kelly starts cooking (which I suck at) and has plenty of stuff to do while I just kind of stand there looking all types of stupid... And Nick and Priscilla weren't really happy to have us there considering they had stuff to do... I offered to help set up the tables and clean and they wouldn't let me. Me just standing there....

Then Kelly realized she had to go to the store and get more supplies while Priscilla went and hid in her room. So just me and Nick hanging in the kitchen... And then the X-mas suprise... Nick and I were not only able to talk but had a fun coinversation... Nothing to deep or anything--mostly about Edie and her travels and other random things... It was nice and kewl and I was happy that there was no tension...

And that vibe continued the rest of the night.... And I ended up cooking... I know, I know... I made gravy and helped with the dressing and did great. Nothing burned or got sick... And the group had fun and ate their fill... We all got along and interesting conversations and all that stuff. Cissy's friend Regine asked me if I would be interested in meeting her brother... He's older and jewish (I think) but I'm thinking about it... Though I wonder if it's rude to ask to see him first... But that aside... Life was fun!!! And now I can't wait for New Year's at the boys house.....

No comments: