Monday, August 01, 2011

Music Whore

So this isn't so much about an album as much as it is about a service. I am OBSESSED with Spotify--the new music service that just hit stateside. It's a free--for now at least--service that allows you to have an "itunes like" experience by setting up playlists, finding various songs on the web but also adds a social media experience through both twitter and facebook if you choose.

I love the fact that whatever playlists I make on one computer are available on any other computer I have to use---the idea of my music following me with no real effort is a great deal to have when you work freelance and don;t like to drag your own computer from job to job.

Add in the idea of being able to see friends' own lists on-line, email or post songs and playlists to share and it just creates an amazing open and easy to maintain musical source.

I loved it so much that I had to play with for 2 1/2 hours when I first downloaded the program. And I am one of the least musical of my friends...

No comments: