Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Book Project

I'm getting to slightly over midpoint of the book project. i promised myself I would read sixty books this year and while it has been going well--I have been a bit derailed. I think part of the problem is book selection.

When Johnno's store--aka Borders--closed down we made a huge list of authors to buy that we either didn't own or had owned in the past but had no current copies. For me that meant by a lot of F Scott Fitzgerald and Truman Capote... Which is good and all but...

I cannot keep flipping between those two authors--it is rather depressing.

I think that is why I have slowed down on my book consumption--it's hard when it begins to feel like it is just more boiled veggies.... Not that I don't love both those authors to death but I couldn't even do this time of reading with only Christopher Pike books

Which is saying a lot.

No comments: