Sunday, July 10, 2011

Alls Well That Ends Well

So my co-wroker is leaving his job at the end of the month. I had started to suspect as much--he and another co-worker of mine were rather unsubtly working on his resume and coverletters but I didn't read too much into it. Mostly because when I did I would get annoyed I was picking up his slack while he hunted for elsewhere.

Nonetheless--Hutch told me that he was leaving LA at the end of the month but would still be working on the show in New York. Happy endings for all... Of course this has led me and my co-worker Hektor to be a bit snarky about the whole thing. Its rare that I am flat out mean but it is novel to have a straight male worker who I get along so well. I like him.

And then Craig--my boss--finally came to me and asked me to stay on for the next cycle of the show. It is a relief to have my life planned out till at least Thanksgiving--if not longer--and allows me to be flexible with my time and my money. While I have liked almost every show I have worked on it is rare to feel so good about the money and the location and my co-workers. I find myself enjoying it immensely.

It doesn't mean that I don't miss BB. I miss hanging out with my friends there, the pace and craziness of the show, the whole summer camp vibe. But making this choice is the right one--I can have my social life, work on things with Johnno and get to do things that I like to do without the schedule of the summer hampering me. It feels nice.

I guess it has all worked out for the best.

No comments: