Friday, September 10, 2004

Any Advice...

Looking for any good advice on how to find out if this boy likes me... I don't trust myself to just ask him and I am not sure why. I guess it is the risk factor and rejection possbilties and just all of that seems to add up to a place I can't go from. And my usual trend of making him want me and, by default, I am in control of the situtation and then not being at risk. And I know that it is manipulative and all that fun stuff but what can you do?

I guess I could try and be more brave and just bite the bullet and think that I am cool enough to do it myself but I don't know if I believe that. And I can't read where he is coming from and I don't want to make a fool of myself or fuck things up in a work siutation though I can be cooler than cool and won't let that happen but still I always brace for worse case senario... Sigh...

I just want to be loved for who I am--not what I do or don't do, look or don't look, believe or don't believe.... And I guess that just seems greedy.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

To find out if someone "likes you" does not require obvious questions. Do they hang out with you? Do they say "Hi" as they walk by? Have you ever caught them looking at you, only to have them smile when you do?

Just think about the things that you normally would do to let someone know you liked them. It's the same the other way around.

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then take the next step and say something like, "Hey...I'm headed to In N' Out for a burger after class today...wanna come along?" If they say no, then just say.."Damn, I was just hoping to find a sucker who would pay for me."...laugh it off and go. No need for embarrassment in this situation as long as you play it off light-heartedly. Best case scenario is they say yes, and then you get a better opportunity to "feel out" what they think of you.

Good Luck!

Buster Van Buren
www.dearbuster.com
www.dearbuster.blogspot.com
buster@dearbuster.com