Saturday, September 11, 2004

Ten years...

I almost forgot--it took head injury to remind what this time is... I was looking for an old short story when my freshmen year journal fell out of the back of my closet and grazed my head. I had forgotton I kept it...

I sat on the floor cross legged and flipped through the yellowed pages and looked through the first couple months of my life with you all. And it got me to thinking about how weirdly amazing and fun the past ten years have been...

All the parties and sacvenger hunts, baseball games and parties, the student films and random parties... The break-ups we had, the classes we slept through, the all nighters and the days skipping classes... The nights of the guitar and singing, the nights sneaking back into Charlesgate and hours wasted in the dining hall.

All the nights we drank (or smoked as the case may be), the trips in New York and the fun in Los Angeles, the nights at the movies and the long walks along the Common. And all the places we have been and all the memories we have... And I know that I am being foolish and snetinemnt but I just wanted to say thank you....

I don't think that I ever saw it going this long and still can't realize how much further we have to go...

No comments: