Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day

"You'll look back at photos of yourself and recall (in a way you can't really grasp now) how fabulous you really looked" --Mary Schmich

This is one of those quotes that has always stuck with me--this idea that one day I will realize all the time and energy, bitching and moaning, dieting and crazy exercising was all one big waste of my energy and my time. That I was never as fat or awkward or pale or ugly that I thought I was and that I would realize how much better I was than I thought and how much more fun I could have had if I had taken that pressure off of myself.

I'm starting to get to that place in y head where I just stop being so hard on myself.

But it is hard when you have spent half your life fighting an eating disorder and the other half pretending that you finally put all the hangups that got you there far away. It took me a long time to throw out my scale, embrace exercise for how it makes me feel instead of a means to an end and now sometimes when the moon is just right I can see that it wasn't ever that bad and it might even be kind of good to be me. And I think the quote helps me try and put things in perspective--though it might be seen as counterproductive that one of my most inspiring quotes is from a late 90s pop night


Ugh ugh ugh ugh

No comments: