Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Jams

We Are Done by the Madden Brothers

I recently heard this song while out cruising around with my friend Edie late one summer night... At first I didn't recognize the band name but the voices sounded familiar if not with the right sound. I have to admit that I was surprised when I found out it was the brothers who founded Good Charlotte.

Now here is the thing-the faux punk Good Charlotte sound never really appealed to me but I saw them as the opening act for Justin Timberlake with my friend Joy and was totally impressed. As live musicians they put on a really good show which always impresses me and makes me rethink the artists' catalog and while I didn't run out to buy their albums I was a bit more interested in their song.



Side note-this band has sucked live when I saw them--and the Sex Pistols called them out on it.

So finding out that the brothers Madden had founded a new band with a new song was a pleasant surprise and I have been playing this pretty much everyday during my zen downtime. I'm curious as to what the video will look like when it comes out but a lyric video will have to do for now.

Dance away people



PS--this man is rather hot in concert... Like bring extra panties hot


No comments: