Monday, October 10, 2005

Weekend Weirdness and Winsome

Friday

It was all about Justin Catalino. Really, that was all I wanted to do, go and see my friend in his last-for now-Los Angeles performance. It was a little sad but I don't know how much of that is the reason for the event or just my normal reaction to Justin's music. It makes me melancholy.

But it was lovely to go with Ruby and sit with Kirby and just enjoy music and being out at a hip "L.A." Venue--even with the strange fakeness that certain people pull off so flawlessly. That always scares me. (That and I got a hug from he who can't be named because I don't out stars but hehehehehehehehehehehe)

What was even more fun was just hanging with the D Street gang afterwards--heading to the Pit for drinks with Heath, Grayson and Boris. I don't really roll with this gang outside of as few holiday and an occasional event so that was pleasant. (Odd to watch my friend tell of Stanford off though--funny.)

What was odder was having Valeska and Kelly pick me up at 2 am for a late brunch at the Camirillo Castle. But it was good to catch up on the latest in the Vedder saga. (JUST DO IT ALREADY!) That and to tell Lola what I have been up to. (I hugged him.)

Saturday

So I spent the whole day shopping with Ruby--helping her find the perfect shirt for the new headshots. Never has shopping been so difficult. Really now. Just awful.

Then there was the party for Alfie birthday/Thomas return to Los Angeles. (Brief though. Brief) It was kind of an odd party because I freely admit that I don't know Alfie very well since he broke up with my ex roommie years back. And to see him in the aftermath of his broken engagement was just odd.

And maybe it is just me but I found all the anti-fiancee jokes kind of rude and a bit out of control. I guess I just feel that if I was in his place-being the one who broke it off and knowing it was the right thing to do but it still must hurt-I wouldn't be pleased with friends talking about her (and me) the way some people were.

That and I thought the changing the locks during the party since she is back in town and might sneak back in front of 20 party goers was just tacky and not funny. Just me I guess.

Sunday

Just went to the movies. Saw "Wallace and Gromit" with Naomi. And loved it. Really loved it. Go see it. Really go see it.

That and I stayed in to watch 'Grey's Anatomy'. I'm kind of obsession with this show. Really now. That and the fact that one of the actors lives underneath a friend of mine. The cute actor. (At least my type of cute.)

That's all. I wish I was more interesting but I'm not. Well--maybe a bit more than I think.

2 comments:

jen said...

Come here.

No Seriously.

Sf needs a shot o' rory.

Rory said...

I love you every time I read yourt name I just hear James Brown "hot pants!" in my head...

Good times abound