Sunday, February 15, 2004

V-DAY Madness

So, V-DAY had it's usual madness and mystery as per the normal. This day has never been romantic for me but rather like a David Lynch and Tim Burton love child. It began with me and Mac just hanging out and talking about our plans. We had made a standing date for the day and were ready to begin the day with a smile.

Things took to the road and we wander the streets of Woodbridge Park with our usual apomb. Mac dropped off her dry cleaning and I decided to creep into the local gay owned card shop. I found something cute and sweet for Mac and went to play and thinking good happy thoughts. Til the little old man behind the counter said I couldn't use my card. So, without thinking about it I went out and borrowed a couple of bucks from Mac. Thus sealing my abilty to not be responsible or sauve.

After that awkwardness, we retreated back to 236 and spent the day reading, napping and just hanging out. It was all funny because of how bad we are at slacking and ened up cleaning the house. And calling everyone we both knew for plans for the night. We really couldn't figure out what we wanted to do--movie, dinner, dancing... no idea...

Finally, I talked with Kirby who told me that Candice and her friend from out of twon had decided to go out to a bar that i had just been at a couple weeks ago with Lucy and Chloe. It sounded like a fun idea, laid-back place and a good time with a couple of roommates, former and other wise. So Kirby promised to call if the plans changed and Mac and I picked oput some outfits for the evening.

We decide around 8 o'clock to see a film before we wnet to the bar and barely made the flick "Miracle". Great film, hockey boys and just good times. We both enjoyed ourselves and i realized my natural ambition to sleep with a NHL player. Mac worried that i might have an orgasim in the middle of the theater but it was a good time. We grabbed some burgers and were off to the bar.

We get to the bar and find some parking in a nearby garage and we jump out and valet the car. The little hispanic guy tells us that it is $5 with validation or $25 if you don't go. So we jumped out of the car, went around the corner to get some cash and came back to find a line out side the bar. After a 25 minute wait and various phone calls to make sure that Candice and Kirby haven't call the message and ducked out of the night's plans. No sign of them and Mac is cold and I'm not paying $25 for parking so we finally get in and grab a drink.

I make sure that Mac gets the parking thing sorted out as I go to the bathrrom and do a quick search for the others. No sign and i'm a little annoyed as I head back to the bar where mac is. i trip over some guy and apologize...it's takes a beat for me to realize that it is Vedder just randomly at the same bar. We talk for a moment and i point out where poor Mac has been surrounded by Euro trash men.

I ome to the rescue and play the boy freind card and save her ass. I tell her that Vedder is there and point him out and then we raise a glass to him. About a beat later I realized that Walker was across the room, too. Both boys join up with us eventually and we have a grand time just hanging out and drinking and talkin. Of course, we are there til the bar closes and we take it out to the street. Mac and Vedder go to get the cars as waler and I talk. It comes up about Kelly and how he thinks it was a mistake, about how he wants to ask out Mac and what a bad idea that is. I explain girl code to him--about how he hooked up with Kelly and how that blcoks him from a lot of people

He asks if this blocks us from happening. If Vedder and mac hadn't shown up with the cars, I don't know what would have happened. That's not true, i do know but......

No comments: