Wednesday, February 18, 2004

If you wanna be my friend…

Don’t lie to me. It seems simple but sometimes people do what they think they have to do and that will include lying. I guess this is all about Billie and Mac though they aren’t the only one who have done this. It all started with V-Day.

A couple of weeks earlier we had discussed the up coming do and what to do. We are all in various stage of single, me as always, Mac trying to figure out the boy from work and Billie just having a date or two with this one guy. We all realized that we wanted to go out on the town together and planned for V-Day as our LA debuted into society—high or otherwise.

As the day drew closer I started to send e-mails and make phone to get an idea of what we should do. Mac was thinking a film, maybe dinner or dancing and I was all about that. Billie, however didn’t bother to call. I talked with Mac about it and she got this feeling that Billie was going to bow out last minute. I was a little bothered by this and we both suspected that it had something to do with the boy but…as long as she let us know what was up it would be fine.
A couple of days went by with no info from Billie to me at all. I was a little annoyed because she sent random e-mails about other stuff and had talked with Mac a couple of times. We ruled her out of the plans the night before and just kind bummed about it.

Then we were watching “Monster” (Great flick by the way) when Mac got a phone call from Billie. They talked for about 10-15 minutes and Mac even told Billie that I was right there with her, hanging out. Billie didn’t ask to speak to me at all, no message sent via Mac about what was going on...she just hung up. Mac and I watched the movie and that was it. I did let on that I was a little pissed that there was nothing said to me about the next day but…

Then came Monday. It was a holiday and so Mac was around and we were going to put together this bookshelf she had just bought. She had to run into work first and so I took a nap while she ran her errands. There was a phone call but I didn’t get up to take it. I checked the messages later and it was Billie. It didn’t really say what happened about V-Day but that she was sorry and that Mac was with her and they were coming over to do the shelf.

This made me angry. Not only did I not know what happened but it was obvious from the way the message went that Mac had told Billie I was upset and that she was only calling because she was on her way here and didn’t want it to be awkward. The thing is, a forced apology is worthless to me and I would have rather spoken to her in person and found what the deal was.

The other part that made me mad was that she said she was just sick and didn’t want to do anything. Well, if that was the case then why didn’t Mac (whom had spoken with her multiple times before) ever tell me this? The truth is, I believe she went out with the boy for V-Day, which isn’t a big deal, but the choosing to lie and, by default, having Mac lie too is just not fair.

I have been in that position before and would I be bummed if that was the case? A little but is was also a holiday and I get that. But by lying to me and forcing someone else to lie—that’s just not respectful of anyone involved. And I would like to discuss out with Billie but she hides from this type of stuff. I guess my big thing is now I feel like I have lost a friendship with her. Mac and I will be fine, I understand alliances but it just such a shaft to Billie’s friendship and me. And it is her choice to fix it. Or not.

No comments: