Sunday, March 17, 2013

BOOK WHORE

Love and Desire and Hate

Classic Smut

I had bought this book as a joke for my upcoming wedding--we're doing a library theme and using all types of books--so why not Joan Collins? I decided to read this top to bottom in a week just make sure it wasnt God awful and I loved it!!!

Every word

I love that it has the classic smut 80-90s feel--beautiful characters behaving badly, too much detail on the wealth that surrounds them and a dedication to campy dialouge. But what I really loved is that there is this period of time in the smut fiction era that ALWAYS had beautiful people haunted by the events of World War II--something real caught authors mind back then and has not let go. It's really kind of amazing.

It wont win any awards--but it did win my heart briefly.

No comments: