Friday, September 09, 2005

I'd rather be rory than right

So the aftermath of the birthday drama is starting to carry itself through with the arrival of my first medical bills. After a bit of sticker shock I had to debate some choices of mine--whether I should have bought my new computer, how I should not be going to Palm Springs and how badly I need a new job in two weeks. Now the right choice would be to cancel or return my computer and just buckle down financially. To just wait a while longer even though as a writer I need a better computer that runs better programs so that I can be more professional.

but to give up the computer would be the right thing--so I'll do the Rory thing.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

If you're uninsured, you can ask the hospital about applying for Prop 99 or charity funds. I was in the hospital for a week right before BB5 and the total bill was more than $40k, but I only ended up having to pay $2000.