Friday, September 16, 2005

I would never make a good prostitute.

I went on a job interview today. Now I have not had to go on an interview in years--mostly because once you are in the tv family then you can jump from show to show just based on reputation and a certain since of wit and panche--so I will freely admit that I was out of practice.

But what I didn't expect was one of those interviews where you leave thinking--what the Fuji? You briefly debate how much of your time was lost and whether you should have even bothered because the person didn't know what they were doing and you spent more time brushing your teeth than in the interview.

"So I need you start Monday.."

ME "But the show doesn't end till Tuesday night?"

"So you can't start Monday?"

ME "No--I'm still working."

"You sure?"

ME "Um yes. And all of the Big Brother people will be working till Tuesday"

"So none of you can Monday?"

ME "No."

It was one those conversations--where you just want to slap the guy. I kind of hope I don't get--just because I feel like it is dodging a bullet.

No comments: