Friday, July 16, 2004

This is What  Cheered Me Up.
 
I posted a comment, but I guess it didn't take, but I wanted to let you know that I find it rather odd that if the girls were gonna have a girl weekend, why they would invite you since you're probably the rock that they lean on the most for emotional support.  Just because you have some random flap o' skin dangling between your legs doesn't mean you don't "get" the female mind or psyche and it's not like you don't know how to play fashion show or gossip about boys or talk about how boys suck.
 
hanging with rick and ben on sunday before i left was nice.  i went on about how I don't have any girl friends up in SF.  not any that are consistent, anyway. and i don't really dig the idea of a "girl only" outing.  I think I would like to be surrounded by people who enjoy each other with the least amount of drama regardless of sex.  Sure your sex may dictate SOME of your thinking on issues, but it doesn't say who you are in total.
 
my friends up here are comprised of straight and gay males with one or two girls who dot the landscape of my everyday life.  there are advantages to each.  i'm realizing that guys will be more upfront and honest with you about how frumpy you look or if you're being a baby.  I need that in my life.  the girls i know are the few in the city who aren't complete scenesters (hipster-lame) or catty bitches with 5 pairs of black pants from Express.
 
My friend malcolm is working on a book called "The Ordinary People Experience", which is basically a book about how people are just people regardless of everything that makes them different. 
 
I dunno.  your post made me a little sad.  I hate things that segregate...even in miniscule ways.  I just don't see the point in it

No comments: