Monday, July 19, 2004

A final thought...

Okay, so I forget sometimes how many people bother to read this little thing of mine and so I am surprised when a somewhat inoocent thought becomes a catalyst for larger debate... That being said, this will be the last post to involve the phrase gilrs' weekend for a while.

What I have come to realize is that I am not the only one who can be hurt by this type of situtation. I now know that there are others who feel left out, pushed aside of group outings for many reasons--for me, I have felt it was a gay thing but for others it can be that they don't drink, or one person doesn't want them around or as simple as people not knowing that certain others want to be included. I guess, the truth of the matter is that one can't be everywhere, doing everything with everyone. You have to realize that sometimes you aren't invited to the party and that is okay. What you have to learn is how to speak up when you felt hurt ot left out or done wrong.

I'm not pushing for drama, if I was then I would be more aggressive in letting these posting become common knowledge. I guess what I am pushing is for honesty. I know that I have pushed my case with the girls involved a long time back and so it is now my choice to either accept or move on. It is my question alone and though I love the support--it is my own thing.,

But for the others who feel this way--it is your choice to speak out and say something. Though I know who you are and how you feel.... You can't say you are left out till you ask to be let in.

No comments: