Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Life Hacks

Bacon Made Easier--And in Bulk

Who doesn't like bacon? And who doesn't like the struggle to cook it? Because between the spitz of grease burning your arm, the fact that you can only cook a handful of pieces at a time and the greasy pan aftermath--it's hard to enjoy this treat outside of a brunch or diner.

It wasn't until a few years ago that my friend Sabine actually had a holiday brunch at her house and showed me how to easily make bacon in bulk--all it takes is an oven, a raised grate or grill and some tinfoil to line a cookie sheet. I know the traditional stove top way isn't hard but I like bulk and easy cleaning

                                             Does this look easier? And more yummy?

You just have to set up your raw bacon on the grate inside your cookie tray like so, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and wait about 10-20 minutes depending on your stove... And no lost burnt pieces, no bacon grease to pour into a jar to store for later disposal and you can just throw out the tinfoil which leaves you with a clean cookie sheet! Easy peasy.

Obviously if you need help you can always invite me over to show you how to make this in person. I'll even test the final product to make sure you did the process correctly--unfortunately not all ovens heat evenly so I will have to try pieces from various parts of the tray.

                                                      I LOVE YOU TOO BACON




No comments: