Thursday, June 24, 2010

The First Month

So it's been a close to a month since Johnno moved in with me to the Dollhouse. The girls, Edie and Lola, have been been amazing and gracious about the whole thing even when it became a bit complicated and possibly messy-due to boxes and refridgators and move in dates. But there seems to be a natural synch that has happened where we have yet to be all up in each otehr's way which seems impossible with four people, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. We make do.

Incredible enough.

Now I'm not sure if it is supposed to feel different when you live with someone. i have always dreaded the idea of a shared closet, lack of personal time and the general maintence that some relationships have needed. I worried we wouldn't be as romantic or remember to close the bathroom door when we pee. I thought we would run out of things to say or would have too many things unsaid because of all the people involved in the living situation.

Instead it feels like nothing has really changed. We spent the same way with our feet intertwined, we still squeeze our ring fingers to say we love each other before we head off to sleep, we still find time to just run around the place independent of each other. It feels as if we are doing the same things we have been doing all along except now we know at the end of the day that we can hug it out in bed before drifting off to sleep.

But don't get me wrong-sometimes I feel like I miss out on alone time with the roomies, sometimes I wish the boy didn't always offer to pick me up from places, but those are small and fixable things at the end of the day. What makes me so happy though is all my fears about cohabitation have been mostly disproved. We work out and cook dinner but we can still head out and hit the town. We sometimes get our clothes and schedules confused. But we talk things out-we never really fight because we always really share. There hasn't been a going to be angry or a going out to hide away from each other.

And while I know this is just the first month-I always thought the first one would be the hardest. It turns out that i was wrong--which i am more than happy to be.

No comments: