Tuesday, January 19, 2010

687 or the Curse of Tech

So I haven't written in a bit. There's only one real reason and it is not my fault.

Really.

Shortly after returning from Seattle I found that my computer was acting strangely. It popped up with a virus--though not used in over a week--and in the process of trying to fix it I found it was getting worse. Really bad.

So I had to dig through my dwindling savings to find the money to get it fixed. The guy did an amazing job getting me up and running even though i was a mess the whole time. It's time like this, when I am freaking out and moody and all over the place that I realize one huge fact.

The boyfriend really does love me.

He put up with my moods, my frustration and my fears about all my lost work. I was pretty much Carrie Bradshaw in SATC where her apple crashes and she doesn't have a back-up and loses it. Yep. Me being stupid.

I need to stop tempting fate this way.

But all's well that ends well. Except now I have to double check everything and figure out the hows and whens of backing up the love machine.

Don't judge me--everything I own has a name.

PS 687 is the number of spyware/viruses/adware on my computer. thanks for nothing Norton!

No comments: