Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's Rocked!!!

So I love New Year's. I know most people don't but I have always been into the idea of possibility and closure, which is what the holiday is about. I like seeing where things can go and tend to be flexible and much more wild on that Eve--even though Edie calls it a holiday for "Weekend Warrior's".

And this year was full of things to do and the problem became how to balance them all out. Between the party at the boys' house and the desire for me and Samuel to hang out with Miss Patty and her many men--lol--and wanting to hang with Kelly and Valeska at the BR and closing the bar by heading to Davis and Dominic's to meet up with the other party people for an after hour's event--we had plenty to balance out.

Added into the mix was that Renee--Samuel's best friend in L.A. from NYC and her boyfriend--was also thrown into the mix which gave me a bit of nerves. I originally thought they might come to the boys' house but they didn't feel up for big groups so we did stay at the boys’ later than expected but we did get to hug and kiss Miss Patty at midnight and head out to the BR shortly after.

We meet up with a tipsy Davis and a drunk Valeska whose ass was sore from being smacked all night--which made her very amusing--and Kelly was in rare form with the jokes and observations. And we did manage to meet up with Renee and her boy at the BR. Samuel's friends seemed nice and the BR was the perfect place to do it because it was low key enough to be comfy and I was tipsy which made me much more social.

The four of us--Renee, Boris, Samuel and I closed out the bar and made our way to the final destination of the night. Renee and Boris headed home while Samuel and I hit the Double D's after hours party. I had a great and finally got see Samuel drunk which was odd and amusing and led to some serious talk that was rather enlightening. Samuel and Valeska bonded more, my boyfriend endeared himself to a large portion of my friends and everyone seemed to have a great time.

We slept on the floor and woke up late which lead to "I Love the Nineties" and coffee with Davis and Dominic, which was very fun. I was happy as we made our way out in the rain to head back to my place. I mean, we managed to do everything on our list and we did it well. What a great way to start a great year!

No comments: