Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Raining Babies--Not Men.

I had one of those moments this weekend where I felt old. I was standing with Kelly smoking in the driveway out side of Alyssa's baby shower and wondering what I was doing there. I mean--don't get me wrong--I love kids and babies and shopping for gifts but i just felt out of my depth as baby games continued around me.

Thank for Valeska who was trying to figure out how to spike the punch, Kelly for smoking and Lizzie for being totally turned off by some off the aby games. And while I did have fun i just felt out of place. And did help me decide that when I adopt I will have a "Let's Get Drunk Before Rory Gets His Baby" party.

There will be games--but none involving 'guess the size of my stomach' or 'what's in that diaper'. More like 'Guess what you're drinking' or 'what's in this shot'... Could be good times.

No comments: