Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Am Not The Sphinx

So working is killing me this week. It appears that I have been hired as some type of tribute to Egyptian society in some sick twist of fate. See, a big part of my job is to clean up the mess that this production was in well before I made the scene. This entails me not only heading a crew of loggers and story assists but also making sure that the 1500 tapes we have are all in the system and logged. This is not fun at times.

But what I love is when I have a valid question--such as 'how can we prove that we have cleareneces for all our footage if not all the tapes have been properly documented?" and everyone nods and says "great question". I then offer a soultion to which it is respond with "well..let's see". So I await an answer that will involve either more money, hours, supplies or a combination of al three. And there is no answer.

And then when they come to me and ask what I did I repeat the plan and the questions involved and they nod and head off to ponder the latest "Rory Riddle". And thus nothing gets done. It just makes me feel like this...

No comments: