Friday, December 30, 2005

Pleasantries in Threes

The last 48 hours have been great and fun and make me realize how lucky I am to live the life I lead. I know it is hokey as all hell but every so often I do forget how good I have it and then a couple of days come along that make me sit back and take notice.

It all started yesterday when Samuel surprised me. It was mid afternoon and I had spent most of the day in my pajamas working on e-mails and e-cards and just trying to catch up on old e-mail. I was on the porch all greasy and nasty and smoking-bad-when Samuel came bounding up the stairs. Turns out he only worked a half day at his temp job and was very eager to see me.

We spent the rest of the day lying around and watching television and kissing and cuddling and it just made me very grateful to have him in my life. I am constantly amazed at how well we fit each other; the way that we delight in each other’s company., One minute we are very sexual and touching, the next laughing and making fun of each and then next debating the pros and cons of season 6 “Buffy” and whether Joss really did achieve his character arcs; all in the same hour. It is odd how soul mate we tend to be and even if we were to end things, we still would be.

Speaking of soul mates, I was able to finally get Chloe on the phone for a long overdue conversation and catch up. It always amazes me who in synch our lives tend to be, with our being out of sorts in our apartments or what stage in our relationship or how we have even felt at certain times. She is someone I wish was in my life 100% more than she is and I adore just the thought of her voice--much more the reality.

And finally I was able to hang out with Kelly and Valeska both back from their trips home. We went to Ernie’s Taco House and drinks/dinner and just talked and gossiped and laughed. It is always fun to hang with two of my best friends and just make a night of it. It is always funny how we think the same and are totally different. I really missed those girls.

It’s just been a great couple of days and makes me realize that we are so to lead the lives we have. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments: