Sunday, April 28, 2013

BOOK WHORE

BOOK WHORE

It's Raining Men by Naomi Rand

I grabbed this novel because of the title and how campy it would be to have... Its been a long time since I have read a modern day mystery and this book would not drive me back to that habit.

There is nothing wrong with the novel--it's part of a series and the lead character of Emma Price is enjoyable to an extent, the idea of including her children in the story adds a sense of realism and makes her different from other detectives but I found her POV kind of lacking.

The main mystery did little for me--though the fact that it was her friend as the victim and her a possible second target--because I felt the story didn't really add up by the end of the day. I was confused by two characters who were very similar in their use in the story, didn't see how the facts added up the way the story claimed and just found it all to be very stunted and forced.

It's sad because I think I would have liked the novel if the story had just been a bit more polished but it is what it is.

3 stars for an interesting character as the lead but the rest lost me.

No comments: