Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ain't That A Drag

Okay. I always say I don't watch reality TV but I am totally into "RuPaul's Drag Race". There is something I really enjoy about RuPaul in general and the show is a fun mix of badly behaving queens, trainwreck fashion and more random gay one liners than you can shake a stick at.

But I always hate the winner.

When it comes to the idea of a superstar--I just expect something more. More than looks or high fashion but a certain spark or magic in their performance. And it didn't happen with last season's winner and once again the mark fell short.

I just wish Raja had some kind of chemistry... She always seemed so lost and awkward during any kind of performance outside of a runway walk... Just uncomfortable, unable to portray serious emotions or even do sight lines in any of the video projects. I mean--her style is amazing at points and she could definitely pass for a glamorzon but--

It's kind of like the idea of hanging out with Cindy Crawford and Julia Roberts back in the day... I would imagine Miss Crawford to be a stunner but you would probably have your eyes drawn to the natural warmth and energy of Miss Roberts. I just never felt Miss Raja warm up and she was so obviously favored by the judges that she didn't have to.

And can Miss Michelle be gone next season? I just disliked everything about her--from her loud laughing cheer when Mimi was eliminated to her snide comments about almost all contestants such as "at least she can talk" referring to the difference between Alexis and Manila... Plus she brought back Carmen "I have nothing in my brain so I can't ever be interesting" Carrerra....

SIGH

I think after this I will just be turning in for Drag U from now on... All the funny queens with personality show up there like Pandora, Juju, Raven and such... That's why I watch--to be entertained.

No comments: