Friday, January 07, 2011

High Horse

I am trying to get myself back on the horse regarding my eating decisions. the boy and I are still trying to avoid sugar, corn syrup and carbs like we have been through the last two years but I finally cracked over the course of the holidays. Not during the holidays of course--because that would be expected.

The irony is Johnno had made point of bringing up how good I had been in the face of temptation--the parties, the dinners, the gifts and how I managed to dodge cookies and candy and pasta. it wasn't until the DAY AFTER Christmas that I finally lost all restrain and ate so much sugar that i woke up sick to my stomach the next day. and so I decided it was time to readdress the whole deal.

I needed to get back on a proper workout schedule--I hadn't since i started the new job and would only work it in here and there. i made a lot of excuses but knew that it was time to stop with that. i bought myself a chin up bar and have been rocking that out with some success--though I am no Linda Hamilton in T2

And I have been attempting to forgo cheese--at least during the week. i am not sure how this will play out long term with our already restricted eating plan. I am worried about needing more options but it hasn't driven me crazy yet. And i am trying to rediscover the balance between healthy eating with the right amount of meals and choices.

it's hard.

But that being said--I know what I can do because I have done it before. Fighting off a few pounds that returned and staying on track is not that hard to do. I just have to resist the urge to ply the boy with bad food so that he chubs and makes me look thinner by default.

That would not be cool.

No comments: