Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turning A Curve Into A Line

I have been spending a lot of time watching football and playing pool. I spend my Sundays on the floor at Dominic's house and my weekends, every other one, at a pool table somewhere in this city.

It feels like I'm turning straight

Now this doesn't mean I get what i am doing--I don't really understand football and pool continues to be an embarrassing public affair--but I am learning to try and appreciate new things. this is unlike me because I normally have to have something perfected before I can take it out of the house but somehow Johnno convinces me that everything will be alright.

It's kind of amazing how he is doing that.

So instead of being worked up and worried about appearing dumb or clumsy I work on trying to find myself doing better, getting smarter. Now I'm not about to quote stats or run the pool table anytime soon but it's nice to know that I have the skill set to at least try.

I think that is what I am learning the most--that and how to be butch. Really butch!

No comments: