Monday, January 05, 2009

Is It Writer's Block?

I have hit a wall in the novel... One of my fears with the book is that i have made the plot too dense and now I am starting to realize that maybe that fear was correct. I'm not sure yet what to do--to either ditch a plot point midstream or try and find another way to work with the plot point. I think I need to take a day to just think really hard--maybe pick Samuel's brain for ideas--before any final decision is made.

I just hate the fact that I have been at a stand still for the past few days... And this stand still is conviently before the 2/3, big drama moment in the whole story which sets things off. But I just can't seem to figure out how to make my characters do what I want them to but in their own way. But i'm sure they do have their own way

Or else I have a huge hot mess to clean up

No comments: