Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Here's My Weekend; Bulletin Points Style

Friday

Missed the movie in Westwood for work. Besides staying late for a new hire and being stood up, I was called by boss ten minutes after getting home which lead to me doing 45 minutes of work from home. (Fun)

Since I was depressed about missing the film I decided to have some drinks and watch 'The Way We Were'. This lead to me being drunk, crying briefly at the end and leaving a drunken message for Samuel. (Good times.)

I have been watching Jaq's cat while she is in Europe working. Her apartment (across from mine) is next to the managers and I was visiting with said cat when I got a knock on her door at 230 in the morning. I opened the door to find a drunken neighbor looking for the managers because two of her friends were arguing with one of the new neighbors. (A bit scary)

I went back with new girl (Michelle) to help with the fight situation after the managers didn't open their door. Turns out that two of her guy friends were making out and the new neighbor was upset about it and they were all fighting. I watched for a bit and everyone calmed down and Michelle invited me in for drinks. I was drunk so I went. (Why not?)

Saturday

Woke up in bed with Galen; new neighbor Michelle's friend. (He would be the other gay guy--not part of the couple.) This is incredibly funny and awkward and led to conversations about names and tattoo. (Very hung over)

Galen left me hung over in bed. I did yoga and drank almost a gallon of water before heading out to get my hair cut since I might not have time in the next week or two before mom comes to visit. I also try to figure out if I will be capable of drinking at Joy's party. (Ambitious)

Party is wonderful. Willis is there for quite a bit and we get to talking. Lola briefly gets teary, Edie gets drunk and dances on the banquet, the music is quasi-lame, Vedder pays for almost everyone's drinks, and I manage a bit of time and space with all involved. And tipsy! (Committed.)

Sunday

Some of us ended up at an after-hour club post Joy's party. The "club" is a hole in the wall time house run by Jamaicans and is quickly nicknamed the ganja house for we have to smoke our cigarettes in the yard but pot is fine anywhere in the house. The party posse at this point is Nolan, Dominic, Vedder, Edie (the four of whom are wasted) as well as Lola and I. We are the only white people there for the first few hours and are very unpopular since our friends cheer whenever someone comes in. (Mortified.)

Lola and I decide that the kids need to get some food so we talk them to Denny's. Edie is slowly sobering up and labels the three drunken boys dead weight. Vedder calls a cab and disappears before food. I steal everything of the table because it's funny. Nolan throws up in the bathroom. I don't eat at Denny's because am trying to drop as much weight as possible before mom comes to visit. (Hungry)

Wake up five hours after getting home to head out shopping with Valeska and Kelly in Beverly Center. Discover H & M. Discover how much I can spend at H & M. Fall in love with random jacket at Planet Funk. Realize that I need said jacket. Come home with about four bags of clothes. (Expensive and fashionable.)

Hung out with Kelly back at her house. I slept on her floor. Talked about how excited we are for Vegas. Became very excited about Lucy and Chloe coming down from San Fran to Vegas since we haven't seen them in over two years. (Excited, excited, excited.)

Came home to do laundry and have message from Galen on land line. Called him back to find out he is wondering if I found a black American Express card in my room. I tell him no and am a little offended that he thinks I am some trick that would steal shit but don't say anything since I was a trick enough to get drunk and just wake up in bed with him even if we didn't have sex.


Galen then tells me about how the gay couple from Friday night had just met and that he thinks one of them (Dan—not Danny which is the other guy's name) used his card in Long Beach. I then hear long story about Dan lives in a halfway house after getting out of rehab which was court enforced so Galen isn't mad because Dan probably needed the money since he was most likely kicked out after spending all night with us at Michelle's.

I feel a bit better and Galen asks when he can see me and I ask why and he makes fun of me. 'I'm trying to be nice to you. I would like you to not think I accuse every guy I meet of steal shit. I'm not Richard Gere. I'd like to take you on a proper date.' I say I have to call him back. (Unsure)

Then I watch 'Brothers and Sisters' then call Edie for advice but differ on doing anything about Galen yet. I finish my laundry and go to bed. (Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy)

No comments: