Monday, October 23, 2006

Top Five Vetoed Costumes

So the boy and I are going to be doing a couple's costume for Halloween which might be a first for both of us. The hard thing about being a male couple is that one's options are some what limited. That being said--here are the top five runners up.

1) Hobbits. This one is a costume that we will probably do eventually but just didn't seem possible this year. It didn't help that there was a bit of a fight/snafu about which pair of hobbits we would be. I was much more of a fan of Sam and Frodo but Samuel claimed that Sam is Frodo's bitch and he didn't want to be portrayed that way. Of course he's my Sam and so I agreed even if I thought it was a bit reaching. Then with Merry and Pip lead to a debate as to which of us was more like which of them. I'm sure we'll be debating that next year.

2) Mario and Luigi. This idea came up due to the fact someone else in the group is going as Princess Toadstool and we could be her sidekicks. While a cute idea it was killed by Samuel's reveal that he was Mario once already. In fifth grade.

3) Mark Foley and his 'page'. This was not a real option since it would have been rather abstract and would have involved me doing grey hair and poor Samuel just being a faceless page.

4) The Jack in the Box Commercial. Everyone should know this one--with the 'Milkshake' song and the hot guy just shaking and spanking the cow. While I admit being dressed as a cow would have been quite fun--I just didn't want to spend the whole night being spanked and shaken. That's something for us to do alone.

5) Jean Bennett Ramsey and John Karr. Horribly inappropriate but hysterically funny at the same time. I was even willing to do real drag for this number with blond curls and a quite but scary cowboy hat with overdone make up. But John Karr would have been hard. And he wasn't even guilty so why expand on his fifteen minutes?

But hopefully what we came up with is good. It could be rather offensive which is enough for me and the boy. Or at least it is for me.

No comments: