Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I've Always Had A Thing for Erections.

So I’ve always loved architecture. Every since I can remember I have always found buildings and their importance to their society to be very interesting; especially in terms of where the structure belongs in the culture’s history. I might be one of the only people I know who can name the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World without looking them up and so I found this today on-line and was very intrigued.


http://www.new7wonders.com


It’s a contest to vote for what should be considered the New 7 Wonders of the World. And while I have questions about the street cred of this website I still found myself reading through the many options and trying to guess which ones might win.

I’m going to say that its probably the obvious choices like the Great Wall, Taj Mahal, Statue of Liberty, the Roman Colosseum, Effiel Tower, Stonehenge, and the Pyramids of Giza (though this is a part of the Ancient Wonders and so shouldn’t be considered). But that’s not at all how I voted.

You should take a look for yourself—tell me how you voted and I'll do the same.

No comments: