Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Early Worm Get the Tiredest

I have spent the better part of the last two weeks trying to get back into the swing of working. Having a job is great, having one I really like is priceless but it takes a lot of getting used too--between the commute and lunches and just remembering how it feels to be somewhere else for ten hours a day.

When you add my own ambition into it then it gets even more difficult. I like to be the first one at the office and the last one to leave--at least for my department. It's sneaky and underhanded but I do my damnest to make sure that it seems like I am always there with a smile first thing and busy computer up to the last second. I guess I just feel like if I make it obvious how harc I work and how much I like my work then I become more valuable to the show as a whole.

It helps matters that my boss implied that there was a big push to help get some story titles put in my direction so I feel like I have to porve how much I want it. That and I am so competitive that I feel the need to really push myself all the time.

Which has made me very tired when I get home and unable to do much more than sink into the couch and drool. Which means that I am not doing this

But I figure now I ight have to give my outsie writing as big of a push as I am this job. Because one matters more in the long term than the other.

1 comment:

jen said...

i need your attitude and motivation. i've been none too happy working 10-12 hour days. :(